Saturday, December 22, 2007

An Idea from an Unexpected Source

My son, Matt, is home for Christmas and he gave me an idea about weight loss. It is one I am going to try. Matt has never been a font of wisdom - his ideas have usually run more toward, "Let's blow this up and film it" or "Let's see what we have to do to get kicked out of Walmart" or even, "Let's stage a kidnapping at Hy-Vee and see how people react." (By the way, the answer to the last question was BADLY.

So, anyway, he mentions this website called sparkpeople.com which offers a lot of diet monitoring help. You enter your food intake and other information and it tracks your calories, fat intake, etc and makes suggestions (like, perhaps - "the fourth piece of turtle cheesecake was a bad idea." )

Anyway, I am going to sign up on Spark People and try to be faithful in entering my food intake. It might be interesting to see how many calories a day I am actually consuming.

No comments: