Monday, November 26, 2007

Progress!

Two good things happened today. First, I took a 45 minute walk in the woods with my daughter - again reinforcing how bad my physical conditioning is. But, still, I got the walk in. I need to to exercise about 4 times a week for at least 45 minutes to an hour to make a difference.

The second good thing was that the turkey ran out. I deep-fried a turkey for thanksgiving and ate the last turkey sandwich for lunch today. Hopefully, that officially ends the thanksgiving eating season, with minimal damage of around 5 pounds or so.

Now, I have a couple of weeks until the Christmas baking season takes hold.

The other problem I face is that I live in Iowa. it is probably in the low 40's, maybe high 30's right now. But soon there will be snow and ice on the road and temperatures below zero. I have to figure out a plan to exercise during winter.

No comments: