Friday, November 23, 2007

How the Mighty (Big) Have Fallen

I just got back from a Thanksgiving, turkey-burning walk/jog. I went around a mile and a half. It was the beginning of my attempt to get back in shape and lose weight - post Turkey Day.

It reemphasized how far down I have gone in the last few months (read previous posts for my excuses). It is hard to believe that just 9 months ago, I marched/jogged 26.2 miles over a mountain and through the desert. My legs burn and my back hurts and I am badly out of shape.

My goal is to get ready to do the Death March again, March 30, 2008. That gives me around 4 months to get this thing done.

Right now, I have my doubts.

It will take discipline - not my specialty.
It will take consistency - not my specialty.
It will take defeating procrastination - not my specialty.

No comments: