Saturday, February 16, 2008

A Good Week

I am back to running and training. I ran 2 miles Monday, 2 more Tuesday, and 4.5 miles Friday. My knee doesn't hurt much while I run, but the day after - aaarrrggghhh!!! Today, I am not walking well.

It was good to get back to running.

So, here's the deal. No one tell my Mom. Tommy Duncan is bugging me to go back to the death march, which will be March 30, in El Paso, TX. It is the most inspirational (and difficult) thing I have ever done. I would like to go, but I am going to have to train hard and faithfully.

I have found that when I train faithfully, my marathon conditioning comes back pretty quickly. I am heavier and slower this year.

Here's the plan.

I need to get an 8-10 miler in by the end of February.
I need to get a 15-18 miler in by March 15.
I need to run 3-4 times a week every week up until Easter.

I cannot get another injury that requires rest.
I cannot get sick again.
I cannot get lazy again.
If it all goes well, I will give the Death March a try.

Again, just don't tell Mom!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Sorry, Dave... Your mom reads your blogs. Don't make me pray for a knee injury to keep you from entering the death march race.

Dave Miller said...

Listen, whoever is claiming to be "Joanna." Don't tell my mom about this. She will freak out!